This course provides an introduction to Linux administration. Topics include installation, configuration, mounting drives, user and group administration, file system administration and management, process control, and network and computer security concepts and tools.
- Partition, format, and install Linux in a virtual machine, including updating system
- Perform file manipulation and file system navigation
- Perform access control manipulation, including changing permissions, adding users and groups
- Perform advancing searching using regular expressions
- Perform security functions using symmetric and asymmetric encryption
- Find and draw upon resources available in Linux for administrative tasks