The network mapper (NMAP) is one of the highest quality and powerful free network utilities in the cybersecurity professional's arsenal.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Explain why Nmap is so important for network administrators and cybersecurity
- Demonstrate Nmap's ability to create a network asset inventory
- Demonstrate Nmap's vulnerability assessment capabilities
- Demonstrate Nmap's penetration testing capabilities
- Demonstrate Nmap's performance and customize its results
- Use Nmap without reference material from the command line or GUI