This course will go over fundamental concepts of installing and configuring various network devices and the skills needed to recognize and understand network topologies and give the student the knowledge to provide feedback on network requirements.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Show ability to operate network equipment including hubs, routers, switches, bridges, servers, transmission media, and related hardware.
- Configure and optimize network hubs, routers, and switches (e.g., higher-level protocols, tunneling).
- Knowledge of capabilities and applications of network equipment including hubs, routers, switches, bridges, servers, transmission media, and related hardware.
Install and maintain network infrastructure device operating system software (e.g., IOS, firmware).
- Skill in implementing and testing network infrastructure contingency and recovery plans.
- Install or replace network hubs, routers, and switches.
- Provide feedback on network requirements, including network architecture and infrastructure.