The CompTIA IT Fundamentals certification is aimed at people considering a career change to IT. The course will prepare you to take the CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam. If you are new to IT this course is prerequisite knowledge that allows you to tackle the more advanced A+ and Network+ CompTIA certifications that many IT professionals hold.
The course will provide students with basic IT knowledge that prepares them to pass the CompTIA IT Fundamentals certification exam.
- The course introduces students to IT concepts and terminology.
- The course is structured to follow the five domains that are covered in the corresponding CompTIA exam. These domains include Software, Hardware, Security, Network and Basic IT Literacy.
- This course will cover the basic hardware components found in a computer, as well as connecting external devices like printers to computers.
- We cover operating systems: what they are, why you need one and an overview of the different operating systems commonly found today. We will see how to navigate around an operating system, organizing files and navigating the operating system.
- The course also introduces different types of software applications, such as word processors, spreadsheets and databases. There is a brief introduction to newer technologies, such as virtualization and cloud computing.
- This course will also look at how you can connect computers together to form both wired and wireless network and security basics.
- Finally, the course covers the important topics of creating backups and environmental and safety concepts.