- This course explores techniques used by hackers to access protected data.
- Students will learn about cybercrime laws, penalties and organizations defending civil liberties of citizens.
- Students will learn about the various methodologies hackers use to gain access to confidential data such stealthy network recon, passive traffic identification, etc.
- Evaluate cybercrimes and penalties and contrast cybercrimes with civil liberties of citizens in the digital world.
- Compare the different methods of attacks used by hackers to gain access to confidential data and describe them.
- Compare and contrast the different testing policies when performing a vulnerability assessment.
- Assess vulnerabilities on a network, obeying the rules of engagement.
- Write a formal report documenting the procedures used by an attacker attempting to gain access to confidential data.