Basic concepts of network communication using the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model, as well as media, access protocols, routing, reliability, and network services. Prerequisite: graduate student status or 86 hours undergraduate credits completed.
- Analyze the basic functions and technology of computer networks
- Apply the principles and concepts underlying computer networking
- Distinguish and differentiate network design elements and compounds
- Apply these concepts in a work environment
- Assists in preparation for the Network+ examination