The Official CompTIA Security+ Student Guide (SY0-601) has been developed for the CompTIA®
certification candidate. This course provides the knowledge and skills required to assess the security
posture of an enterprise environment and recommend and implement appropriate security solutions,
monitor and secure hybrid environments, operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies,
and identify and respond to security incidents.
Successful completion of this course will enable students to:
- Compare security roles and controls
- Explain various threat actors, vectors, and intelligence sources.
- Compare and contrast types of social engineering and malware techniques
- Implement authentication and authorization solutions, identity and account management controls, secure network designs and network security appliances
- Differentiate risk management concepts
- Determine the importance of cybersecurity resilience and physical security controls