Design, engineer, and manage the overall security posture of an organization. The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is a globally recognized certification for information technology security leaders It provides information security knowledge that increases students’ ability to successfully implement and manage complex security programs in any organization. Aligned with (ISC)² CBK, Captiva Solutions' Cybersecurity Architect course covers all areas of IT security so you can become a strong information security professional. It develops your expertise in defining the IT architecture and in designing, building, and maintaining a secure business environment using globally approved information security standards. The course covers industry best practices and prepares you for the (ISC)² CISSP certification exam.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- understand the concepts, principles, structures, and standards used to design, implement, monitor, and secure operating systems, equipment, networks, applications, and those controls used to enforce various levels of confidentiality, integrity, and availability;
- implement system security through the application of security design principles and the application of appropriate security control mitigations for vulnerabilities present in common information system types and architectures;
- list the concepts and architecture that define the associated technology and implementation systems and protocols at Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model layers 1–7;
- gain familiarity with communications and network security, identity and access management, and security testing and operations;
- understand and apply fundamental concepts and methods related to the fields of information technology and security;
- recognize risks to an organization’s operational endeavors, and assess specific threats, vulnerabilities, and controls;
- align overall organizational operational goals with security functions and implementations;
- understand how to protect assets of the organization as they go through their lifecycle;
- define the architecture, design, and management of the security of your organization;
- perform risk analysis and prevent data loss; learn about security architecture, engineering, models, and cryptography; and
- acquire the relevant knowledge and skills required to pass the CISSP certification exam.