This course will provide the requisite computer, data communications, Internet and database skills to students embarking on careers in information assurance (IA), at the senior levels. It is designed primarily for professionals who seek concentrated professional education in one or more of the many fields associated with IA. Students who complete this course successfully will be able to master the more technical application and analysis skills demanded by the Master of Science in Information Assurance (MSIA) degree program, and the several certificate programs offered in various IA concentrations. Labs, simulations and special problems will be used throughout the course.
- Identify and define the components of Network Security
- Analyze and Describe Compliance and Operational Security
- Identify major Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Describe and Discuss Application, Data and Host Security
- Discuss the components of Access Control and Identity Management
- Identify and Describe Cryptographic technologies