Students explore forensics and the investigation processes. Students explore current computer forensics tools, conduct live computer forensic analysis, conduct e-mail investigations, recovery of graphics files and data carving, and engage in report writing for high-tech investigations.
- Given a scenario, explain the appropriate actions and activities in each phase of the incident handling life cycle.
- Demonstrate the tools and techniques used in an initial response.
- Given a scenario, determine the best course of action regarding the searching and seizing of digital evidence without a warrant.
- Explain the methods of integrating forensics in the incident handling process.
- Explain the investigative process and reconstruction.
- Explain the use of digital evidence in a courtroom.
- Identify forensic examination tools and techniques for Windows systems