The focus is on definitions, theoretical foundations, and rigorous proofs of security. In this class, we will study various cryptographic protocols and algorithms.
- Students will be able to use Cryptography as an effective tool to help achieve security goals.
- The students will be able to understand how problems related to simple programming errors can result in major security holes.
- Students will be able to use cryptography correctly and maximize its effectiveness
- Students will be able to identify the core techniques of cryptography and how they can be applied to meet various security objectives.
- Students will learn how to apply the techniques described in this course in a variety of security applications.