This course will address the most significant issues in identity fraud faced by today's business and records management professionals. Charged with ensuring the security of your organizations confidential, personally identifiable information what risks threaten the integrity and security of these data and how will you mitigate these risks using the available technology?
The attendee will be provided with valuable resources, and insights into protecting on-line identities, ensuring greater privacy of protected information, avoiding online fraud schemes, protecting sensitive personal, employee, student, and customer information, plugging information leaks, assessing security exposures and even coping with identity fraud after an impostor strikes.
Also addressed will be what role security and the security function plays in providing a controlled work environment for protecting and safeguarding the confidentiality of institutional data.
After completing this seminar, participants will be able to answer the following questions:
- What Is Identity Fraud?
- Why Should I Care?
- How Can Someone Steal My Identity?
- Am I an ID Thief's Next Victim?
- What If It Happens To Me?
And be able to:
- Identify Low-Tech Methods of Identity Fraud Protection.
- Investigate the Feasibility of Implementing Privacy-Enhancing Technologies, Or "Pets".
- Implement 10 Steps to Plug Personal Information Leaks.
- Recognize that Privacy Theft is an Implication of ID Fraud.