This seminar will provide a unique opportunity for your organizations IT management and professional staff to become acquainted with the role and responsibilities of your organizations internal audit function and more specifically, the organizations IT audit professional.
In today's evolving virtual markets and highly complex, global corporate environments, information technology professionals, operational, financial, and IT auditors must all work together in helping to establish, implement and secure organizational infrastructure from both internal and external threats.
This seminar will provide the attendee with an insight into the most critical and sensitive areas of an organization, areas which are increasingly being examined by an organizations internal audit function. Internal controls and security are examined with an objective of gaining a better understanding of the audit concerns related to securing and controlling an organizations IT environment.
- Have a working knowledge of the current risks, threats and exposures facing 21st century organizations doing business in virtual global marketplaces.
- Gain a better understanding of audit's mandate and reason audit needs to examine IT (systems, applications, and infrastructure).
- Examine briefly the role of an IT auditor, including a brief review of an IT auditor's skill set.
- Review corporate policies which may direct audit involvement and examination of IT operations.
- Discuss what IT management should do to prepare for an internal audit of IT operations.
- Discuss the benefits of partnership between audit and IT management.
- Review and examine the current standards which have mandated that organizations take a closer and more personal look at their IT infrastructure and operations.