The continuing influence and impact which personal and professional ethics exerts upon individuals, organizations and society, and the factors which influence organizational ethics, has been thrust into the headlines of the global populous. The ethical issues faced daily by organizations and their employees are neither always straightforward nor easy to resolve.
Results of unethical behavior by organizational professionals and the impact of ethics upon organizations, is a topic of growing concern in corporate board rooms around the world.
This course will examine the timely and critical topic of ethics and its relevance and importance to overall corporate and individual well-being.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply systems theory and understand the interrelated nature of organizational functions and components as they relate to establishing an ethically compliant organization
- Identify the role of organizational values in driving strategic goals and objectives
- Discover the role that personal values play in driving individual employee choices and decisions
- Pinpoint the underlying causes of patterns of unethical and/or undesired employee behavior
- Increase employee commitment to organizational goals and objectives
- Enhance employee understanding of what ethical behavior is and how it is represented by individuals actions.