An introduction to fundamentals on designing, planning, and executing vulnerability analysis of networks. Students will work on multiple topics to include, but not limited to: System Security, Network Infrastructure, Access Control, Assessments & Audits, Cryptography, and organizational Security. This course is mapped to the CompTIA Security+ Exam. This course is a required course for the NSA/DHS KU alignment for the CAE-CDE Designation.
- A. recognize the basics of System Security;
- B. identify Network Infrastructure;
- C. recognize the fundamentals of Access Control;
- D. conduct assessments and audits of systems;
- E. implement basic Cryptography Skills; and
- F. implement basic Organizational Security Skills.