This course covers the fundamentals of supporting Information Technology software. Skills will be covered in the installation and configuration of PC operating systems as well as configuring common features for mobile OS Android, Apple OS, and Windows mobile. The class is conducted in a laboratory setting where hands-on learning is emphasized. This course, along with CTEC 112, will help students gain the skills required for the nationally recognized CompTIA A+ certification exam.
- A. install, configure, upgrade and maintain Microsoft Windows operating systems;
- B. recognize fundamental concepts related to other operating systems and technologies;
- C. apply security concepts related to information technology;
- D. use troubleshooting theory to apply basic software and mobile device troubleshooting skills; and
- E. appropriately employ information technology operational procedures.