This course provides instruction on collecting, analyzing, and reporting on data that can drive priorities and lead business decision making. This overview includes, but is not limited to, mining data, manipulating data, visualizing and reporting data, applying basic statistical methods, and analyzing complex data sets. This class will help students gain the skills required for the nationally recognized CompTIA Data+ certification exam.
- A. identify basic concepts of data schemas and dimensions;
- B. use appropriate visualization techniques to properly design a report or dashboard;
- C. understand and execute data mining and data manipulation techniques;
- D. apply key analytical and statistical techniques related to data analysis; and
- E. summarize and utilize data quality control, governance, and management concepts.