The new ITIL 4 Foundation course will introduce students to the key components of the ITIL 4 framework. They are the Service Value System and the Four Dimensions model. While v3 focused on the 26 processes and functions included in the service lifecycle, ITIL 4 provides a holistic end-to-end picture of what it really means to contribute to business value, and also integrates concepts from models such as Lean IT, Agile and DevOps.
The purpose of Foundation is to introduce readers to the management of modern IT-enabled services, to provide them with an understanding of the common language and key concepts, and to show them how they can improve their work and the work of their organization with ITIL 4 guidance.
The ITIL® 4 Foundation course will provide:
- A holistic approach to the facilitation of value for customers and other stakeholders in the form of products and services
- The guiding principles of ITIL 4
- The four dimensions of Service Management
- Key concepts from Lean IT, Agile, DevOps, and why these are important to deliver business value
- How ITIL practices described in ITIL 4 will maintain the value and importance provided by the current ITIL processes, whilst at the same time expand to be integrated to different areas of service management and IT, from demand to value.