This course is intended for those wishing to qualify for the CompTIA CySA+ Cybersecurity Analyst Certification. CompTIA's CySA+ Certification is an intermediate-level certificate for IT professionals with previous experience of working in the field of IT security. The CompTIA CySA+ examination is designed for IT security analysts, vulnerability analysts, or threat intelligence analysts. The exam will certify that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to configure and use threat detection tools, perform data analysis, and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats, and risks to an organization with the end goal of securing and protecting applications and systems within an organization.
This course will teach you the fundamental principles of using threat and vulnerability analysis tools plus digital forensics tools. It will prepare you to take the CompTIA CySA+ CS0-001 exam by providing 100% coverage of the objectives and content examples listed on the syllabus. Study of the course can also help to build the prerequisites to study more advanced IT security qualifications, including CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) and CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional).
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Identify tools and techniques to perform an environmental reconnaissance of a target network or security system.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret security data from multiple log and monitoring sources.
- Use network host and web application vulnerability assessment tools and interpret the results to provide effective mitigation.
- Understand and remediate identity management, authentication, and access control issues.
- Participate in a senior role within an incident response team and use forensic tools to identify the source of an attack.
- Understand the use of frameworks, policies, and procedures and report on security architecture with recommendations for effective compensating controls.