The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is a customizable framework of good practices designed to promote quality computing services in the information technology (IT) sector. As an IT Service Management (ITSM) framework, ITIL provides a systematic approach to the provisioning and management of IT services, from inception through design, implementation, operation and continual improvement. The processes identified and described within ITIL are supplier and platform independent and apply to all aspects of IT infrastructure. Since the mid-1990s, ITIL has been generally considered a de facto international standard for IT Service Management.
- Prepare for the latest ITIL4 certification exams
- Understand the key concepts of service management
- Understand how the ITIL guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
- Know the purpose and key terms of 15 ITIL practices
- Understand 7 ITIL practices