The EC-Council Certified Network Defender Course teaches real life situations involving basic network defense in a hands-on lab training format. This program is a professional level introduction to the cyber defense strategies needed in today's critical infrastructure. This course provides a comprehensive review of network defense fundamentals, the application of network security controls, protocols, perimeter appliances, secure IDS, VPN, and firewall configuration, and comprehensive exam preparation best practices.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Install, configure, and manage network security controls and devices
- Design, implement, and monitor security policies
- Harden hosts to secure them against intrusions
- Implement and configure VNPs and wireless network technologies
- Perform risk, threat, and vulnerability assessments