The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) Certification is a vendor-neutral credential. The CASP exam is an internationally targeted validation of advanced-level security skills and knowledge. While there is no required prerequisite, the CASP certification is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, ""hands-on"" focus at the enterprise level.
The CASP exam will certify that the successful candidate has the technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualize, engineer, integrate and implement secure solutions across complex environments. The candidate will apply critical thinking and judgment across a broad spectrum of security disciplines to propose and implement sustainable security solutions that map to organizational strategies, translate business needs into security requirements, analyzes risk impact and respond to security incidents.
- Manage risk in the enterprise
- Integrate computing, communications, and business disciplines in the enterprise
- Use research and analysis to secure the enterprise
- Integrate advanced authentication and authorization techniques
- Implement cryptographic techniques
- Implement security controls for hosts
- Implement security controls for storage
- Analyze network security concepts, components, and architectures, and implement controls
- Implement security controls for applications
- Integrate hosts, storage, networks, and applications in a secure enterprise architecture
- Conduct vulnerability assessments
- Conduct incident and emergency responses