This course explores issues surrounding cyber crime and computer forensics. You will examine legal issues related to cyber crime and computer forensics, including constitutional rights and legislation, right to privacy, and methods involved in creating legislation concerning cyber crime. This course also outlines procedures for conducting a computer forensics investigation across a variety of software. CIS620 also defines obscenity and decency in societal and legal terms with an emphasis on the crime of child pornography. You will explore legislation and developments in the crime of child pornography as a result of technological advances.
In addition, a portion of this course will examine terrorism and organized crime as it relates to cyber crime. In the section on computer forensics you will study methods of search and seizure in computer crimes, investigation techniques, and debates about standardization of requirements for forensic specialists. The final module of this course will explore anticipated future issues and concerns in the area of computer crime and the field of computer forensics.
- Utilize relevant terms associated with cyber crime and computer forensics.
- Examine legislative avenues for prosecution of cyber crime.
- Explore legal issues surrounding cyber crime and computer forensics.
- Analyze cyber crime and computer forensics in relation to constitutional rights.
- Outline the steps of a computer forensics investigation for a variety of software.
- Discuss computer forensics from historical, societal, and legal perspectives.
- Discuss cyber crime from historical, societal, and legal perspectives.
- Explore cyber terrorism and organized crime.
- Discuss anticipated future trends and concerns in cyber crime and computer forensics.