Data AnalystWork Role ID: OM-DTA-002Examines data from multiple disparate sources with the goal of providing security and privacy insight. Designs and implements custom algorithms, workflow processes, and layouts for complex, enterprise-scale data sets used for modeling, data mining, and research purposes.Category: Operate and MaintainSpecialty Area: Data Administration
- A0029: Ability to build complex data structures and high-level programming languages.
- A0035: Ability to dissect a problem and examine the interrelationships between data that may appear unrelated.
- A0036: Ability to identify basic common coding flaws at a high level.
- A0041: Ability to use data visualization tools (e.g., Flare, HighCharts, AmCharts, D3.js, Processing, Google Visualization API, Tableau, Raphael.js).
- A0066: Ability to accurately and completely source all data used in intelligence, assessment and/or planning products.
- K0001: Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
- K0002: Knowledge of risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk).
- K0003: Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity and privacy.
- K0004: Knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles.
- K0005: Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- K0006: Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses.
- K0015: Knowledge of computer algorithms.
- K0016: Knowledge of computer programming principles
- K0020: Knowledge of data administration and data standardization policies.
- K0022: Knowledge of data mining and data warehousing principles.
- K0023: Knowledge of database management systems, query languages, table relationships, and views.
- K0025: Knowledge of digital rights management.
- K0031: Knowledge of enterprise messaging systems and associated software.
- K0051: Knowledge of low-level computer languages (e.g., assembly languages).
- K0052: Knowledge of mathematics (e.g. logarithms, trigonometry, linear algebra, calculus, statistics, and operational analysis).
- K0056: Knowledge of network access, identity, and access management (e.g., public key infrastructure, Oauth, OpenID, SAML, SPML).
- K0060: Knowledge of operating systems.
- K0065: Knowledge of policy-based and risk adaptive access controls.
- K0068: Knowledge of programming language structures and logic.
- K0069: Knowledge of query languages such as SQL (structured query language).
- K0083: Knowledge of sources, characteristics, and uses of the organization’s data assets.
- K0095: Knowledge of the capabilities and functionality associated with various technologies for organizing and managing information (e.g., databases, bookmarking engines).
- K0129: Knowledge of command-line tools (e.g., mkdir, mv, ls, passwd, grep).
- K0139: Knowledge of interpreted and compiled computer languages.
- K0140: Knowledge of secure coding techniques.
- K0193: Knowledge of advanced data remediation security features in databases.
- K0197: Knowledge of database access application programming interfaces (e.g., Java Database Connectivity [JDBC]).
- K0229: Knowledge of applications that can log errors, exceptions, and application faults and logging.
- K0236: Knowledge of how to utilize Hadoop, Java, Python, SQL, Hive, and PIG to explore data.
- K0238: Knowledge of machine learning theory and principles.
- K0325: Knowledge of Information Theory (e.g., source coding, channel coding, algorithm complexity theory, and data compression).
- K0420: Knowledge of database theory.
- S0013: Skill in conducting queries and developing algorithms to analyze data structures.
- S0017: Skill in creating and utilizing mathematical or statistical models.
- S0028: Skill in developing data dictionaries.
- S0029: Skill in developing data models.
- S0037: Skill in generating queries and reports.
- S0060: Skill in writing code in a currently supported programming language (e.g., Java, C++).
- S0088: Skill in using binary analysis tools (e.g., Hexedit, command code xxd, hexdump).
- S0089: Skill in one-way hash functions (e.g., Secure Hash Algorithm [SHA], Message Digest Algorithm [MD5]).
- S0094: Skill in reading Hexadecimal data.
- S0095: Skill in identifying common encoding techniques (e.g., Exclusive Disjunction [XOR], American Standard Code for Information Interchange [ASCII], Unicode, Base64, Uuencode, Uniform Resource Locator [URL] encode).
- S0103: Skill in assessing the predictive power and subsequent generalizability of a model.
- S0106: Skill in data pre-processing (e.g., imputation, dimensionality reduction, normalization, transformation, extraction, filtering, smoothing).
- S0109: Skill in identifying hidden patterns or relationships.
- S0113: Skill in performing format conversions to create a standard representation of the data.
- S0114: Skill in performing sensitivity analysis.
- S0118: Skill in developing machine understandable semantic ontologies.
- S0119: Skill in Regression Analysis (e.g., Hierarchical Stepwise, Generalized Linear Model, Ordinary Least Squares, Tree-Based Methods, Logistic).
- S0123: Skill in transformation analytics (e.g., aggregation, enrichment, processing).
- S0125: Skill in using basic descriptive statistics and techniques (e.g., normality, model distribution, scatter plots).
- S0126: Skill in using data analysis tools (e.g., Excel, STATA SAS, SPSS).
- S0127: Skill in using data mapping tools.
- S0129: Skill in using outlier identification and removal techniques.
- S0130: Skill in writing scripts using R, Python, PIG, HIVE, SQL, etc.
- S0160: Skill in the use of design modeling (e.g., unified modeling language).
- S0202: Skill in data mining techniques (e.g., searching file systems) and analysis.
- S0369: Skill to identify sources, characteristics, and uses of the organization’s data assets.
- T0007: Analyze and define data requirements and specifications.
- T0008: Analyze and plan for anticipated changes in data capacity requirements.
- T0068: Develop data standards, policies, and procedures.
- T0146: Manage the compilation, cataloging, caching, distribution, and retrieval of data.
- T0195: Provide a managed flow of relevant information (via web-based portals or other means) based on mission requirements.
- T0210: Provide recommendations on new database technologies and architectures.
- T0342: Analyze data sources to provide actionable recommendations.
- T0347: Assess the validity of source data and subsequent findings.
- T0349: Collect metrics and trending data.
- T0351: Conduct hypothesis testing using statistical processes.
- T0353: Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers, and others to design application.
- T0361: Develop and facilitate data-gathering methods.
- T0366: Develop strategic insights from large data sets.
- T0381: Present technical information to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- T0382: Present data in creative formats.
- T0383: Program custom algorithms.
- T0385: Provide actionable recommendations to critical stakeholders based on data analysis and findings.
- T0392: Utilize technical documentation or resources to implement a new mathematical, data science, or computer science method.
- T0402: Effectively allocate storage capacity in the design of data management systems.
- T0403: Read, interpret, write, modify, and execute simple scripts (e.g., Perl, VBScript) on Windows and UNIX systems (e.g., those that perform tasks such as: parsing large data files, automating manual tasks, and fetching/processing remote data).
- T0404: Utilize different programming languages to write code, open files, read files, and write output to different files.
- T0405: Utilize open source language such as R and apply quantitative techniques (e.g., descriptive and inferential statistics, sampling, experimental design, parametric and non-parametric tests of difference, ordinary least squares regression, general line).
- T0460: Develop and implement data mining and data warehousing programs.