Skill ID: S0138
Skill Description: Skill in using Public-Key Infrastructure (PKI) encryption and digital signature capabilities into applications (e.g., S/MIME email, SSL traffic).
Work Roles with this Skill:
- Work Role ID: OV-MGT-002Work Roles: Communications Security (COMSEC) ManagerWork Role Description: Individual who manages the Communications Security (COMSEC) resources of an organization (CNSSI 4009) or key custodian for a Crypto Key Management System (CKMS).Category: Oversee and GovernSpecialty Area(s): Cybersecurity Management
- Work Role ID: SP-ARC-002Work Roles: Security ArchitectWork Role Description: Ensures that the stakeholder security requirements necessary to protect the organization’s mission and business processes are adequately addressed in all aspects of enterprise architecture including reference models, segment and solution architectures, and the resulting systems supporting those missions and business processes.Specialty Area(s): Systems Architecture
- Work Role ID: SP-DEV-001Work Roles: Software DeveloperWork Role Description: Develops, creates, maintains, and writes/codes new (or modifies existing) computer applications, software, or specialized utility programs.Specialty Area(s): Software Development
- Work Role ID: SP-DEV-002Work Roles: Secure Software AssessorWork Role Description: Analyzes the security of new or existing computer applications, software, or specialized utility programs and provides actionable results.Specialty Area(s): Software Development
- Work Role ID: SP-RSK-002Work Roles: Security Control AssessorWork Role Description: Conducts independent comprehensive assessments of the management, operational, and technical security controls and control enhancements employed within or inherited by an information technology (IT) system to determine the overall effectiveness of the controls (as defined in NIST SP 800-37).Specialty Area(s): Risk Management