Skill ID: S0073
Skill Description: Skill in using virtual machines. (e.g., Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare vSphere, Citrix XenDesktop/Server, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, etc.).
Work Roles with this Skill:
- Work Role ID: IN-FOR-001Work Role Description: Conducts detailed investigations on computer-based crimes establishing documentary or physical evidence, to include digital media and logs associated with cyber intrusion incidents.Category: InvestigateSpecialty Area(s): Digital Forensics
- Work Role ID: IN-FOR-002Work Roles: Cyber Defense Forensics AnalystWork Role Description: Analyzes digital evidence and investigates computer security incidents to derive useful information in support of system/network vulnerability mitigation.Category: InvestigateSpecialty Area(s): Digital Forensics
- Work Role ID: OM-ADM-001Work Roles: System AdministratorWork Role Description: Responsible for setting up and maintaining a system or specific components of a system (e.g. for example, installing, configuring, and updating hardware and software; establishing and managing user accounts; overseeing or conducting backup and recovery tasks; implementing operational and technical security controls; and adhering to organizational security policies and procedures).Category: Operate and MaintainSpecialty Area(s): Systems Administration
- Work Role ID: OV-TEA-002Work Roles: Cyber InstructorWork Role Description: Develops and conducts training or education of personnel within cyber domain.Category: Oversee and GovernSpecialty Area(s): Training, Education, and Awareness
- Work Role ID: SP-RSK-002Work Roles: Security Control AssessorWork Role Description: Conducts independent comprehensive assessments of the management, operational, and technical security controls and control enhancements employed within or inherited by an information technology (IT) system to determine the overall effectiveness of the controls (as defined in NIST SP 800-37).Category: Securely ProvisionSpecialty Area(s): Risk Management