Who is afraid of configuring a router? Router administrators wanted! Conquer your router. This course will focus on essential router administration including installation, configuration, and management in a routed environment. The router topics include the OSI Reference model, subnetting, router IOS commands, routing protocols, configuration of the interfaces and access lists for security and filtering.
1. Identify the OSI reference model and layered internetworking communication through the use of routers and switches.
2. Perform subnetting calculations to plan a network IP scheme.
3. Classify LAN, WAN and VLAN technologies.
4. Differentiate and configure routed and routing protocols.
5. Configure, maintain, and analyze routers, switches, network, and Internet protocols utilizing the IOS and SDM.