The Network Defense and Countermeasures course is the art of fencing for network protection. This course covers designing a network defense, security policies, choosing and designing firewalls, configuring firewalls (demos and research), setting up VPNs, Intrusion Detection System overview and design, honey pots, and behavior-blocking software. Additionally, this course will provide solutions for identifying, assessing and preventing external and internal threats to your network in a multi-vendor environment.
1. Explain the essentials of network perimeter security
2. Discuss the components of defense in depth
3. Identify key packet filtering issues and be able to create a mitigating factor for them
4. Provide a plan to fortify the security perimeter
5. Describe how to design a secure network perimeter
6. Discuss the techniques used to maintain perimeter security
7. Explain how to monitor perimeter security