Information Security for Everyone is designed to teach the principles and practices that all computer users need to keep themselves safe, both at work and at home. By presenting best practices along with a small amount of theory, trainees are taught both what to do and why to do it. Topics covered include how to secure both clean and corrupted systems, protecting your personal data, securing simple computer networks, and safe Internet usage.
Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of:
- Appropriate methods to protect their computer using the security software within the operating system.
- Methods to clean infected computers and protect computers against future virtual attacks.
- Basic encryption techniques to protect their data.
- The basics of computer networking and securing a small network.
- How to implement safe browsing habits and defend against social engineering attacks secure browsing, email and instant messaging practices.
- The security differences of mobile operating systems and how to protect mobile devices from cyber-attacks.
- The risks associated with gaming consoles and how to protect against these risks.