This course provides students with theoretical and hands-on experience with the maintenance, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of a modern personal computer operating system.
Upon Completion of this course one should be able to:
- Set up a new Computer
- Identify system requirements when purchasing a new computer.
- Understand the technology and specifications used to describe computer components and make informed choices about which device characteristics are required for each situation.
- Install or Upgrade Operating systems
- Manage external devices.
- Troubleshoot common computer problems that can be resolved without replacing internal components.
- Connect to a small home network