The Advanced Information Security course is designed to prepare students to take the CompTIA Security Plus (+) certification exam and Test Out Security Pro Certification. In this course, students cover information security best practices that all businesses should adhere to and learn how to implement information security best practices in business environments.
By the end of the quarter the student will be able to do the following:
- Implement Access Control & Identity Management
- Identify Common Cryptography Algorithms and its role in a Secure Computer Network
- Understand Policies, Procedures, and Awareness in relation to an IT infrastructure.
- Recognize Physical Security and its role in Information Security
- Identify Common Information Security Defense types and how they are implemented