Provides instruction in the basics of network security in depth. Includes security objectives, security architecture, security models, and security layers; risk management, network security policy, and security training. Includes the five security keys, confidentiality integrity, availability, accountability, and auditability.
- Demonstrate mastery of explaining the challenges of securing information, defining information security, and explain why it is important
- Demonstrate mastery of defining malware, identifying payloads of malware, describing the types of psychological social engineering attacks, and explaining physical social engineering attacks
- Demonstrate mastery defining cryptography, describing has, symmetric, and asymmetric cryptographic algorithms
- Demonstrate mastery of listing the different types of network security devices and how they can be used, describing secure network architectures, and explaining how network technologies can enhance security
- Demonstrate a mastery of explaining how to access the security posture of an enterprise, defining vulnerability assessment and explain why it is important