Three hours lecture; 3 credits. This course will provide a basic background in the many aspects of security management associated with today's modern communications and networks. It includes the fundamentals of Risk Analysis, Risk Management, Security Policy, Security Operations, Legal issues, Business issues and Secure Systems Development.
- Understand the role of Security Management in information technology systems
- Quantify the properties of Information Security
- Develop project plans for secure complex systems with knowledge of SANS 20 critical controls
- Demonstrate understanding of the role of firewalls, guards, proxy servers and intrusion detection in networks on a Linux OS with traffic analysis
- Evaluate the residual risk of a protected network
- Provide forensics and other security management solutions in compliance with the policies and practices currently accepted in the industry as incident response.
- Apply legal and ethical standards in the Information Security context.