Three hours lecture; 3 credits. This course will provide practical knowledge on a wide range of cryptography mechanisms and will explore their relationship with today's modern communications and networks. It includes the fundamentals of cryptography, classic and modern encryption, decryption, public and private key structures, digital signature and secure hash functions.
- Explain the importance of Cryptography as the workhorse in cyber security
- Edentify and compare the classical encryption techniques and exploit their vulnerabilities
- Design and employ block ciphers such as DES, 3DES, AES and measure their strengths based on their key size
- Relate the number theory into key generation for asymmetric cryptography and explain RSA
- Compare symmetric and symmetric encryption mechanisms and select appropriate method for each application
- Explain the application of encryption in RSA and authentication methods, HASH, MAC, SHA, and digital signatures
- Implement Suite B algorithms, Data at rest security measure, EC and ID based Crypto techniques