In this three day course you will learn the objectives of BCP and DRP and how they are critical to each other for organizational recovery in maintaining service level capabilities during disruptive events. Focus areas in this course consist of the relationship between recovery planning with organizational and functional strategic goals; enterprise governance for BCP including setting BCP priorities and planning; industry compliance requirements; BCP policies, procedures, accountabilities and responsibilities; BCP sequence of plan development and its required components including threat identification, business impact analyses, risk assessment, recovery strategies, resource preparation, testing, returning to normal or the ?new normal.? Supporting important topics will also be addressed such as the human issues to enable recovery, 3rd party relationships and organizational synchronization of BCP and Incident response planning.
Note: Attendees will receive a Checklist for ISO 22301 compliance standard.
This course is available on-site at your location, or offered through open enrollment in Boston,MA.
- BCP vs. DRP objectives
- Understanding IT service levels to achieve
- Determining what’s realistic and reasonable for your BCP
- BCP/DRP relationship to business and strategic alignment
- BCP/DRP Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Industry Specific Guidance
- Sequence of Plan Development Process
- Risk assessment and BIA
- Recovery Strategies
- Planning contingencies to support recovery strategies
- Planning for resources to support recovery strategies and contingencies
- Communicating and training
- Maintaining information security in a disrupted environment
- Test planning and execution
- Integration of Incident Response testing with BCP