In this 1 hour training event with James we will discuss:
- How We Got Here - The underlying causes that lead to systemic vulnerabilities.
- Intrusion Kill Chain Overview - Introduction to the common model used to analyze attacks.
- The Target Breach - What was stolen.
- Intrusion Kill Chain Attack Analysis - Reviewing the steps, reasons and methods, used by the attacker.
Identifying Target's missed opportunities and lessons learned.
- Reconnaissance - Learning about Target and attack vector determination.
- Weaponize - Packaging malware for delivery.
- Deliver - Getting the malware installed on target.
- Exploit - Scraping RAM and capturing data.
- Install - Maintaining access and installing BlackPOS malware on POS terminals.
- Command and Control - Communication with malware by attackers.
- Action - How credit card data was exfiltrated.
- Satisfy Annual Role Based Security Training Requirements
- Enhance awareness of IT and/or cyber security issues, threats and solutions.