Linked with the BPI Building Analyst Certification, students in this program will learn how to use diagnostic techniques to measure energy efficiency and learn how to develop a weatherization plan to improve energy inefficiency. Students will also gain knowledge of the many building design defects and energy conservation and usage problems they can cause. The certificate program for Energy Auditors is 2 weeks long and is specifically offered to students that are current energy workers or have experience in the energy field. Students in the Weatherization Auditor program will learn how to install the components within a residential structure to improve energy efficiency and conservation. The students will also learn about insulation materials, how they work and how they are installed to improve energy conservation. The program for Weatherization Technicians is 12 weeks long and is geared toward entry-level energy workers.
- Efficient use of Diagnostic Tools
- Sound knowledge of residential energy use
- Ability to thoroughly develop a weatherization diagnostic plan
- Understand wattage and BPI
- Knowledge of heating and cooling systems
- Thorough knowledge of all components of a residential structure.
- Knowledge of building materials.