The Certified Ethical Hacker program is designed to immerse students in an interactive environment where they will be shown how to scan, test, hack and secure their own systems. The Ethical Hacker is an individual who is usually employed with an organization and who can be trusted to undertake an attempt to penetrate networks and/or computer systems of that organization using the same methods and techniques as a hacker. Covering 20 of the most current security domains any ethical hacker will need to know in order to increase the information security posture of their organization, the program's objective is to educate, introduce and demonstrate hacking tools and hacking methodology for penetration testing purposes or ethical hacking situations.
The program is structured around the real-life ethical hacking methodology beyond automated vulnerability scans and simple information security tests, using real -time information security incidents and cases to inculcate a capability of making knowledgeable decisions while defending your organization's information resources. Lab Four is an EC-Council authorized training partner and testing site.
- Understanding how perimeter defenses work
- Scanning and attacking students' own networks (no real network is harmed)
- Understanding how intruders escalate privileges
- Securing various systems against intrusion
- Understanding Intrusion Detection, Policy Creation, Social Engineering, DDoS Attacks, Buffer Overflows, and Virus Creation
- Preparation for EC-Council ANSI accredited Certified Ethical Hacker exam 312-50.