This course focuses on detection of network and system vulnerabilities by taking an attacker-like approach to system, network, and data access.
Topics include network attacks and defenses, Operating System and application vulnerabilities, social engineering attacks, and malware. Ethical, legal implications of network attacks are also discussed.
Offered fully online or hybrid (1 lecture/week), 3 Credit hours. Instructor led.
- Identify what an ethical hacker can and cannot do legally.
- Identify security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Use hacking tools to locate and fix security leaks.
- Identify operating systems vulnerabilities.
- Describe possible attacks on cryptosystems.
- Describe network security devices.