This course continues the study of networks.
Topics include design and implementation of networks including synchronization, scheduling, exception and deadlock resolution, client server and web based collaborative systems. Network security will also be covered. Cost estimates and speed are examined from a management perspective.
Offered fully online or hybrid (1 lecture/week), 3 Credit hours. Instructor led.
- Demonstrate how to manage network systems;
- Apply the various management strategies to managing networks;
- Describe concepts of network configuration management;
- Demonstrate a knowledge of SNMP, SMI, MIB, RMONI, RMON;
- Understand and configure specialized network security software;