Develop a working knowledge of routing, switching, network applications, protocols, and services.
Study with an instructor in the classroom and access expert content online at any time.
Practice what you learn on both real equipment and CISCO Packet Tracer, a network configuration simulation tool.
Get immediate feedback on your work through built-in quizzes and tests.
Prepare for the workplace with collaborative projects and presentations.
Connect with the global CISCO Networking Academy community.
- Describe network fundamentals and build simple LANs
- Establish Internet connectivity
- Manage network device security
- Expand small to medium sized networks with WAN connectivity
- Describe IPv4 and IPv6 basics
- Understand foundational knowledge of network layers 1-3 for core routing and switching implementation and other advanced technologies
- Learn about wireless controllers, access points and network functions of firewalls
- Operate a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches supporting VLANs, switch stacking, trucking, spanning tree protocols and chassis aggregation
- Support CISCO network deployments and maintain the on-going operational network services
- Troubleshoot IP connectivity
- Define characteristics, functions, and components of a WAN
- Configure and troubleshoot EIGRP and OSPF in IPv4 and IPv6 environments
- Describe Syslog, SNMP, IOS images and licenses and manage CISCO device configurations
- Understand QoS, virtualization, WAN network programmability, how cloud services interact and impact enterprise networks