The purpose of this course is to provide the student with an overview of the field of information security and assurance. Students will be exposed to the spectrum of security activities, methods, methodologies, and procedures. Coverage will include inspection and protection of information assets, detection of and reaction to threats to information assets, and examination of pre- and post-incident procedures, technical and managerial responses, and an overview of the information security planning and staffing functions.
- Identify and prioritize information assets.
- Identify and prioritize threats to information assets.
- Define an information security strategy and architecture.
- Plan for and respond to intruders in an information system.
- Describe legal and public relations implications of security and privacy issues.
- Present a disaster recovery plan for recovery of information assets after an incident.