This course presents a process roadmap that can be followed to build the various parts of a robust Insider Threat Program. It discusses various techniques and methods to develop, implement, and operate program components. The content covered supports organizations implementing and managing insider threat detection and prevention programs based on various government mandates or guidance.
- Identify critical assets and protection schemes.
- Coordinate a cross-organizational team to help develop and implement the Insider Threat Program.
- Develop a framework for the Insider Threat Program.
- Identify methods to gain management support and sponsorship.
- Plan the implementation for their Insider Threat Program.
- Identify organizational policies and processes that require enhancement to accommodate insider threat components.
- Identify data sources and priorities for data collection.
- Identify infrastructure changes and enhancements necessary for implementing and supporting an Insider Threat Program.
- Outline operational considerations and requirements needed to implement the program.
- Build policies and processes to help hire the right staff and develop an organizational culture of security.
- Improve organizational security awareness training.
- Identify training competencies for insider threat team staff.