This course discusses the basic concepts of cyber security and digital forensics investigation practices. Topics include performing collection and triage of digital evidence in response to an incident, evidence collection methodologies, and forensic best practices. This is an introductory course reviewing the processes, methods, techniques and tools in support of cyber security investigations.
- Understand the process of integrating forensics collection and analysis program into an organization
- Recognize concepts involved in the Forensic Process
- Apply necessary preparation to perform collections and incident response according to best practices
- Understand methods, goals and objectives for digital forensic collection activities
- Apply techniques and tools for conducting evidence collection, triage, and log analysis