This course is designed to provide advanced understanding of protocol analysis. Topics include advanced network protocol security analysis, data parsing, monitoring scanning logs, and network intrusion identification. Upon completion, students should be able to apply best practices in protocol analysis and apply the results to IT security frameworks.
- Create troubleshooting profiles within Wireshark
- Sort captured traffic based on troubleshooting factors
- Spot timing delays within protocols and applications
- Create graphical charts based on captured data
- Plot statistical data
- Identify errors within packets
- Create reports based on collected data