An introduction to information technology, emerging cybersecurity trends, application, physical, personal, mobile/wireless security, internet vulnerabilities and cyber risk assessment. The second part of the course examines cybersecurity within the US healthcare environment, privacy, governing regulations, ethical concerns and risk management with third-party businesses.
- Describe the landscape of cybersecurity threats and explain common attack vectors.
- Identify the best practices of information security in defending against cyber threats and protecting assets.
- Explain the best practice methods for establishing personal information security awareness.
- Analyze the importance of physical, network, mobile/wireless, and applications level security.
- Examine the steps involved in an information security risk assessment.
- Analyze the US healthcare environment, identify privacy concerned within the health care industry, examine governing regulations and ethical concerns, and be able to describe risk management assessments