This course examines the tools, techniques and technologies used in the technical securing of information assets. Students will receive in-depth information about the software and hardware components of Information Security and Assurance.
- Describe a layered approach to network defense and how to manage firewalls to improve security.
- Identify the components of an intrusion detection system and explain the steps of intrusion detection.
- Formulate a security policy and identify security policy categories.
- Explain the Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) standard.
- Explain the six-step incident response process.|6. Explain the goal of securing the network perimeter and describe guidelines for auditing VPNs and VPN policies.