This course delivers a comprehensive overview of network security, including general security concepts. Communication security is studied, including remote access, e-mail, the Web, directory and file transfer, and wireless data. Common network attacks are introduced. Cryptography basics are incorporated, and operational/organizational security is discussed as it relates to physical security, disaster recovery, and business continuity. Computer forensics is introduced. Upon completion of this online course a student should be able to take the CompTIA?s Security+ certification exam.
- Differentiate/distinguish between the different network design elements, components, ports and protocols, their respective threats & mitigation techniques.
- Identify& apply industry best practices for access control methods.
- Deploy various authentication models & identify the components of each.
- Conduct periodic audits of system security settings & know how to improve analysis by auditing network security procedures & carry out vulnerability assessments using common tools.
- Use monitoring tools on systems/networks & direct security-related anomalies.
- Determine the appropriate use of network security tools.
- Know authentication models & their components.