This course focuses on the fundamentals and tradecraft of threat intelligence. Effective threat intelligence allows organizations to predict and prevent attacks. Adversaries employ sophisticated attack strategies including cyber, physical, human and technology, often using a combination of these tactics. Using threat intelligence skills and techniques allows you to proactively defend your environment by understanding adversarial strategy, identifying potential targets and ultimately eliminate surprise. These valuable skills will help excel your career and begin your journey to becoming a Certified Threat Intelligence Professional. The first step in building a career in threat intelligence is Threat Intelligence Fundamentals.
What you will learn
This one-day training provides attendees with a foundational understanding of threat intelligence.
Principal objectives of this course:
• Understand the difference between information and intelligence
• Understand how mindset affects intelligence
• Learn how to create actionable intelligence
• Develop the basic use of intelligence to understand and identify risks, adversarial focus, and how to apply this knowledge to critical decisions
• Learn key concepts and practical application of threat intelligence processes
• Threat profiling, concepts, techniques and why they are important
Who should attend?
• Security and Threat Intelligence Professionals: Enhance your career and skills and learn to proactively identify insider threat activities.
• Attorneys: Enhance legal activities, investigations and interviewing skills by creating an awareness of insider motivation and techniques.
• Managers and Executives: Understand insider threat indicators, motivation and tradecraft to prioritize and address risk.
• Risk, Compliance and Human Resource Professionals: Understand insider threats and enhance knowledge of potential risks before they happen.
• Federal Agents and Law Enforcement: Master techniques to identify insider threats for advanced investigations and to improve job skills.
Participants will receive: Certificate of Completion
Continuing Education Credits Available