This course follows the protocol education provided in IAE-301 with a more detailed and practical look at secure transactions and correspondence, as well as protection of data in storage. Within the confines of the OSI model, this course discusses data communication with emphasis on the security available at the layers, secure sockets layer, and both wired and wireless security topics. One-way message digests/hashes and encryption history and protocols are explored in-depth. Topics include virtual private networks, one-way hashes/message digests, digital signatures, secret-key and public key cryptography processes and algorithms.
- Sharing sensitive information anonymously over the internet
- Keeping communications and private information secure from scammers and hackers
- How to communicate securely in hostile environments
- Learn how to detect and defend against online attacks against personal information
- Creating and maintaining alternate identities online
- How to securely purchase products over the Internet securely
- Locking down personal devices for secure communications and transactions over the Internet